Friday, 21 August 2015

Simplicity 6410 (again)

It seems I just can't move on from Simplicity No 6410.

I did try, but as mentioned in the previous post I was working with very little fabric. I pulled out patterns with sleeves, collars, tie necklines, none of which was an option with less than a metre of fabric to work with. The reason I settled on 6410 was that it at least provided a cap sleeve. Not a complete camouflage for my less than youthful arms, but better than no sleeve.

I'm making this up as I go along so the next post will reveal how it all turned out. So far I've cut it out with a back seam which will be open at the top and fasten with a loop and button, no collar, no front opening just a lace-edged panel, an ever-so-slightly-gathered peplum, and the cap sleeve.

So far, so good …

No comments:

Post a Comment