With my thoughts still running on beach wear, I was keen to try out a Burda pattern using a length of stretch terry that was purchased when my last child was a baby. He's now nearly thirty!
The pattern, Burda No 2565, is designed for lightweight jerseys but proved more than adequate, with a few alterations, for my beach hoodie project.
I had in mind a casual coverup to go with the pants discussed in the last post.
I cut the fabric out adding a little extra length and a straight side seam instead of the more fitted waist of the pattern. Even the most creative placement of pattern pieces couldn't provide enough material for long sleeves, but three quarter is fine for summer days.
Although the hood in the pattern is not lined, I've lined mine with some interlock left over from this project. The colour blends nicely with the pants.
I top stitched the seams of the hood and the shoulder, which gives a pleasing finish, and used a white bias binding to neaten the neckline seam.
The front pocket was an impromptu addition, not included in the pattern, after I discovered a small smudge on the white fabric.
I'm very happy with the fit of this Burda pattern which I'm thinking will get a lot more use.