Wednesday 2 September 2015

The Pyjama Game — Part One

I'm not a big fan of girly pyjamas and frilly nightgowns but it's good to have something comfortable to lounge around in after the day's work is done.


This bold polyester print found lurking in my sewing box could never be accused of being 'girly'.


Simplicity No 4585, View D proved a good pattern to adapt for these pants. They're designed to be three-quarter length for a tall person but are full length for me with the addition of a band at the ankle. I've used elastic at the waist rather than the drawstring used in the pattern.


They were quick and easy to run up on the overlocker. The fabric is very slippery so I found it helpful to pin along the length of the seam a little distance in from the edge so the pins hold it in place while sewing. 


I plan to make a singlet top in a plain colour to go with the pants and, as there's quite a bit of the polyester left, what about a kimono? Now that's what I call lounging in style.

No comments:

Post a Comment