Thursday 9 July 2015

Watching Le Tour

Patchwork has never been one of my things. It still isn't but, because I can't sit without something to do, I've started stitching hexagons with bits of leftover fabric during the evening while watching TV. 


I got a hankering for making a patchwork quilt earlier this year when my book club read 'The Invention of Wings' by Sue Monk-Kidd, in which a slave woman and her daughter spend their evenings stitching quilts.

I'm making good progress at the moment because of Le Tour de France. We in Australia have a great excuse to sit up late during July and watch the live coverage. I'm not into sport in general but I do ride a bike and I love to watch The Tour progressing through the French countryside all those gorgeous French villages.


My mum spent squillions of hours making this cathedral patchwork back in the 1970s. I don't think I'll be moving on to that anytime soon.



My sister-in-law is a quilter extraordinaire and made this delightful cushion for my 60th birthday a few years ago. 


As you can see, it's a rendition of my house. What a perfect gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment